Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Middle School students are challenged academically and creatively with an outstanding curriculum and social opportunities. Each day students study math, humanities (language arts and history), science, Spanish and a variety of electives in art, music performance, theater, technology, engineering and design, and equity and justice.
Middle school teachers hold weekly office hours and provide daily tutorials for students who want extra time for review, to complete projects, or to ask questions.
Throughout their time in middle school, our students study:
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Robotics, and Food Sciences
- Mathematics through Algebra 1
- Spanish Language and Culture through Spanish 1
- Humanities – Ancient, Global and American Studies
- Civic Engagement and Service Learning
- Music Performance, Art, Theater, Physical Education
- Engineering and Design
Middle Schoolers also spend three days and two nights at a team-building retreat, where they enjoy community interaction (high ropes course, canoeing, archery, etc.), foster reflective capabilities, and form stronger friendships. They take a leadership role in all-school events such as Field Day, Quaker Day, and Outdoor Expeditions, and Service.