Applications are accepted beginning on September 1 for the following school year.
Applications must be complete before a student visitation day at school is scheduled. A complete application includes the following:
- Complete and Send In Forms (available here): Refer to the Frankford Friends Admissions Checklist to see application requirements for each grade level.
- Application Fee: A $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Student Recommendations: These should be sent to FFS directly from the student’s current school or early childhood program.
Once the application is complete, the Admissions Office will call to schedule a one or two day classroom visit. Pre-K or Kindergarten visits include either a 1/2 day class visit or a two-hour group Play Date. Some testing will be administered during the visit.
Parent Interview: An interview with the Head of School and/or the Director of Admissions may be requested.
Please note that Pre-K students must be four years old by September 1. Kindergarten students must be five years old by September 1.
We encourage families to attend an Open House or call for an individual tour.
Please download the application forms and mail them with a non-refundable $50.00 application fee to the school. If you need printed copies of the application forms, please call or email Director of Admissions, Darree Palmer at email@example.com or 267-678-3912.
The following forms must be completed by the applicant’s parents:
- Application checklist
- For all grades: Application Form
- Grades Pre-K and K: FFS Parent Questionnaire
- Grades 1-5: FFS Parent Questionnaire
- Grades 6-7: FFS Parent Questionnaire
- Grades 5-8: Student Questionnaire
The following forms must be completed by your child’s current school and teacher: They must be mailed directly to Frankford Friends School from the school.
Please provide the school/teacher with a stamped envelope pre-addressed to Frankford Friends School, 1500 Orthodox Street, Philadelphia PA 19124. We will not accept forms that have not been sent directly from your child’s school.
- Permission to Release School Records (all ages) to be signed by you and given to your child’s current school with a stamped envelope pre-addressed to Frankford Friends School.
- Teacher Referral Forms to be given to your child’s teacher – grades PreK through 1 OR grades 2 through 8.
Frankford Friends School welcomes applicants of all faiths and all ethnic, national, racial, and economic backgrounds, without regard to gender or sexual orientation.
Do you have further questions? Please call or email Darree Palmer, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-678-3912.