Employment Opportunities at Frankford Friends School
Fourth Grade Classroom Teacher
Frankford Friends School is looking for an experienced fourth grade teacher to create and administer a classroom program that emphasizes mutual respect for all people. An appreciation of Quaker values and testimonies and the desire to incorporate them into the curriculum is crucial. The successful candidate will be flexible, creative, committed to a continuous process for professional growth, and have a high level of interest in interdisciplinary/project-
Successful candidates will have experience with teaching Math in Focus, the Lucy Calkins Readers/Writers Workshop, and Responsive Classroom. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including public speaking), and strong organizational skills are required. A BA or BS in Elementary Education or a related field is required; a Masters degree is preferred. Diverse applicants of all backgrounds and identities are encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references. Applications will be reviewed as materials are received.
Katherine Park Cook, Head of School
Experience with and love for working with children
Successful background check (FFS reimburses the applicant for these)
To apply, please call Elizabeth Torres at 215-533-5368.
Why Teach at Frankford Friends School?
- Our close-knit community applauds each child’s best efforts and supports students in their individual growth. Frankford Friends School students are highly motivated. This means that your daily efforts will have an immediate impact on learning. FFS is a happy place to work and to grow professionally.
- Frankford Friends School families are supportive and involved. Educating children is a true collaboration between teachers and parents.
- Frankford Friends School faculty never “teach to the test.” The curriculum is planned and developed based on best practices for educating the whole child. Creativity and innovation are valued.
- All faculty and staff participate in professional development opportunities to expand their skills and enrich their practice. They are supported by administration in reaching professional goals and are true collaborators in important school decision-making.
- Frankford Friends School is financially stable and the student population continues to grow. This ensures faculty retention and job security for faculty and staff.
- Frankford Friends School testimonies promote integrity, community, equality, stewardship, and finding peaceful solutions to problem solving. You will play a major role in fostering both your students’ intellectual growth as well as the development of their characters.
- Frankford Friends School is a community that is highly diverse and inclusive. We value what is special and unique about ourselves and others.