Applying to Frankford Friends School is a simple process. Simply download the application forms and mail them with your non-refundable application fee to the school. (If you need printed copies of the application and forms, please call or email Director of Admissions Darree Palmer at 267-678-3912.) We also encourage you to attend an Open House or call for an individual tour.
Applications are accepted beginning on September 1 for the following school year.
To avoid being placed on a waitlist, we strongly recommend that you apply for admission to Frankford Friends School between September 1 and February 1 for admission the following September. On or around February 1, the Admissions Committee will begin evaluating all completed applications. Decision Letters for those applications will be sent in early March. We will continue to accept and evaluate complete applications after February 1, although placement on a waiting list may be necessary.
Upon acceptance, the completed enrollment contract and a non-refundable deposit of $800.00 must be returned to hold a student’s enrollment space. FFS cannot hold a space for students who have not returned their contract and deposit after fifteen days.
A complete application includes the following:
- Completed forms, available on the Application Forms page by grade level. If you need printed copies of the forms, please call Director of Admissions Darree Palmer at 267-678-3912.
- A $50 non-refundable application fee. Applications can not be processed until the application fee has been received.
- A graded writing sample (if applying for grade 3 through 7).
- A Parent Interview with the Head of School and/or the Director of Admissions.
- A one or two day classroom visit (the Admissions Office will call to schedule). Application to Pre-K or Kindergarten may include a 1/2 day class visit or a two-hour Play Date in the Kindergarten classroom. All other grade applicants will visit in the FFS class with their current grade. Some testing will be administered during the visit.
Please note that Pre-K students must be four years old by September 1. Kindergarten students must be five years old by September 1.
Frankford Friends School welcomes applicants of all faiths and all ethnic, national, racial, and economic backgrounds, without regard to gender or sexual orientation.
For further questions call or email Darree Palmer, Director of Admissions, at 267-678-3912.